Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Sanctuary

Do you have a room you love? A place where you can go unwind and relax? I have such a place.
It's our bedroom. The breezes blowing through the white sheers of the 2 windows....

The sealily colored walls take me back to when I was a little girl and visiting my grandparents. It always seemed to be relaxing and calm there.
The humungeous stack of books from the library...:)

The white coverlet with grandma's handmade quilt at the end of the bed....

It's not a large room...it's actually quite small. When we moved here, we had to go from a queen bed to a full size. But that's ok:)...


The closets are quite small too. Ladies, do you feel my pain? It is the width of a hanger. :/ Needless to say, we have storage under the bed.:) AND, I'm happy to say that ALL of our clothes fit in our room. It took a little rearranging, but it is all in there and as organized as I can get it by using what I have. I don't have near the clothes I used to because I'm home most of the time.


But the views are beautiful!!

So peaceful......


So where do you go in your home to get away?

7 comments:

Becky said...

Very interesting....Mindy. I really don't have a place. I do like to sit outside on the porch in the evening sometimes. Especially when it's going to come up a storm.

Leah said...

I love my bedroom as well!! I have to say, I'm feeling for you with the closet space shown, BUT sounds like you've done well with arranging things to fit the space you have. Thanks for sharing :)

The Salisburys said...

I am trying to make our bedroom this spot for me but sometimes my munchkins take over:) I love your coverlet and Grandma's quilt! So pretty:)

Cassandra said...

The Bathroom! :0

Anonymous said...

No where except my chair....guess who :0)

Sharing My Thoughts said...

Wow, I love it and love the pics. I love seeing pics of people's house, projects they're working on and recipes!

Chelle said...

I love your room.I love quilts too.