Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The swing of things

After spending some time relaxing in Florida, we've been trying to get back into the swing of things.

But since we've been back, the "swing of things" has changed.

My husband's work has been slow for some time now. Last Monday, they chose to lay some of the guys that drove a distance off so they wouldn't drive all the way to work an hour or 2. My guy happened to be one of those.

I am thoroughly enjoying having him home. Although, that doesn't get the bills paid.:)

They say "When life hand you lemons, make lemonade"!

My "lemonade" is enjoying the extra time with my very best friend.
Oh, remember the new couch?? You won't be seeing it grace my living room for a few months. One of the downsides. BUT I choose to be thankful....

5 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Now's the time to get the honey do's done that have been waiting for the time. (That doesn't cost money)

Mindy said...

Trust me, Peggy, I've tried but other people keep snagging him for their honey do lists. :) I told them I wanted to use him before he was all used up or had to go back to work.

Chelle said...

Good things come to those who are willing to wait. Sorry to hear about Davids layoff. I hope its not for long. It is nice though when you can spend time with them when there home.

Cassandra said...

Love the pictures from Florida...
Sorry 'bout Dave's job. Hope things work out. You are amazingly flexible! I would be driving myself and everyone else crazy with worry.
And definitely get some things done on the honey-do list!
Love ya <3

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my "From my heart" post! Yes, I agree with you; I think I will learning how to be a better wife my whole life long. =)
Loved the fun pictures from FL!
Soooo SORRY about your husband losing his job. =( May God help y'all during this difficult time.