Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A great find

A week or so ago, David and I took some much needed time away and went to beautiful Brown County, Indiana. The scenery was gorgeous and I enjoyed having some time away with just him even if it was just a weekend.


While we were there, we went to an antiques flea market. I had in my mind what I was looking for and how much I wanted to spend on it. I'm cheap, I guess and we looked through almost all the booths before I found them. I was looking for oil lamps. You see, we live in the country and the lights go out some. I thought they would be useful and also be a great addition to my decor.:) The first one I already had. The last 2 are the ones I just got. Love them!!


5 comments:

Peggy B. said...

I like #3 lamp. I would love to go to Brown County in the fall.

Becky said...

Those brought back alot of memories growing up.

FairyLover said...

I have a lamp almost exactly like that last one. It belonged to my grandfather who died in 1934. I'm not sure how old it is. But I still use it. I have several but this is my favorite.

Kathi
http://kathishippiehaven.blogspot.com/

Chelle said...

Love the last oil lamp. I like the older looking ones. When we lived in Brown County we used to drive around just to see all the beautiful scenery.

Unknown said...

Cool!!! :)