Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

Well, the house is looking really Christmasy. I'm almost done decorating just in time for Christmas:) Here are some pics of my trees and decorations for those of you who like to look...Enjoy!

This is our living room tree. It has snowmen and snowflakes. I made the snowmen several years ago. I couldn't think of a new theme for this year that was quick so I used them. We made the paper chain and the snowflakes. Tyler put the village under the tree. I thought he did a good job, don't you?

The kids have a collection of nutcrackers. They can't wait every year to put them out. We try to add to the collection yearly. Tyler has them seperated by whose is whose.

More snowflakes to dress up the windows and doors.


Stockings on hooks because we have no mantle. We have a gas stove thingy:) instead of a fireplace which I would rather have. Someday...maybe...

Close ups of the village.

Nikki and Tylers rooms. You decided whose is whose:):)



The tree and window in the game room upstairs. I couldn't decide on a theme so we used what we had. Games, legos, cars, and a Knex rollercoaster for the garland. Tyler made the tree topper out of legos. We set up his car race track underneath instead of a train. As you can see, Tyler likes the decorating better than Nikki.






This is my smore snowman tree in the kitchen. The theme in there was edible things. The shelves above the doorway have candy and gingerbread ornaments hanging in front of them.




The first picture are smore snowman tealights which don't get lit in the kitchen window. The second is around the kitchen window. It had candy and gingerbread ornament hanging from it also.




My blackboard sign in the kitchen. And a close up of the arrangement on the wall in the next picture.


Gingerbread arrangement and above my china closet. Both with candy and gingerbread ornaments.

Tree on fridge.


Nesting kitties on a shelf in the laundry room. The tree in the laundry room. I think the cat thinks I put it up for her. She likes to lay under it.

This little tree is in our bedroom. Very simple. I'm trying for simplicity in the room. It kinda reminds me of my grandmas old house. Cozy:) I guess that is what our whole house is.

That just about covers all the rooms except the bathroom and schoolroom which is a disaster at the moment. I hope you enjoyed a look in our house at Christmas!

A Very Merry Christmas to all of you (or should I say both of you:))!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Leanna Pitcher said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I didn't even know you had a blog. Now I have added you to my Google Reader list and will keep up with what's going on over your way. I love your place in the country. My husband would love to get out of the city. Your Christmas decorations look great. Take care and enjoy the Holidays.

Julie Waggoner said...

I love your decorations! I like the villiage under the tree it looks so cute.