Friday, May 1, 2009

Decorating help, please!

I have this cabinet which I very much need for storage. I am debating on painting it. I know the knobs need to be changed also. I don't know whether to go white or black....or just leave it. I think it needs to blend in better since my kitchen is small. I just need a few opinions. I thought about painting my walls a more neutral color, but since they were just painted, I'd better not. They do need a second coat though. I think the black would give it a little more....I don't know. I'm thinking green , black, red, blue, and white for colors. Still working on it. Gotta figure something out. And, yes, the trash cans are full.:) Just keeping it real!


Here's a picture facing the other direction. We have a microwave to put above the stove. The stove is a bisque color. We got a good deal on it so you take what you can get and I like it. It has a smooth surface for cooking. I also need to paint and cover the chairs. I use a bench for the outside because it makes it easier to work on the table if I need to. Also, makes it seem less crowded. The bench was a curb side find. I like to keep the counters clear of stuff. Any way, that is what I need help on.



I'll leave you with pics of my lilacs which are blooming now. Wish we could enjoy them more. The sun is actually peeking out right now!!! Rain, rain, go away......:)





Also the dandilions have taken over the yard! Don't you just love all the signs of spring!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Mindy I don't know. You gave me too many options. Do you have a theme so to speak? Like I have Americana. That way you can tie in the colors. I'm not good at decorations I don't feel. Sorry.

The Salisburys said...

You know I was looking at the pictures and what about painting it white and then distressing it a little with sandpaper?? Since your other cabinets are white?? Just a thought. I always thought those big tall white cabinets at Grandma's house were so neat:) I like your country kitchen!

Jess R said...

I'd have to agree with the salisburys. white w/ distressed look, but not too distressed. also, if you wanted to lighten up the walls, what about sponging a lighter layer on or something like that. I love the green tho bc its so chearful, happy & so nice in the wintertime. ;) just a thot.

Holly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hopped over and met you and your country kitchen. I love it. I would suggest white for your cabinet.

Dixie said...

I love your lilacs. They are my absolute favorite flower! Sorry I can't be of any help with your decorating dilemma. That is so not me.

Unknown said...

Can't help you much on the decorating projects since I'm pretty bad at that, but it was fun seeing pictures of your kitchen. By the way, I need to take lessons from you on keeping down on clutter. Your kitchen looks so inviting! The lilacs are beautiful! I can almost smell them from here! love you!!

Cassandra said...

You KNOW I do NOT do my own decorating much....soooo with that in mind you might want to listen to other ladies:) I'm sure whatever you end up doing it will be CUTE, CREATIVE, COST-EFFECTIVE, and ummmmmmm (trying to think of another "C" word :) CATASTROPHE (no) CASTAWAY (no sorry) ahhh I've got it....it will be the CENTER of attention. So Go For It!!!
Love ya all,
Cassandra

Leah said...

Love the cabinet! What did you ever end up doing with it?