Monday, October 27, 2008

My Heroes

Since moving to our little piece of country 6 mths. ago, we haven't had problems with mice(that I can remember. I block the bad things out of my mind:)). We've had problems with flys and beetles and ants, but not mice. When we were working on the house we got rid of quite a few, but I haven't seen any lately until yesterday... I walked into the kitchen to find our inside kitty staring very intently under the stove. Now she has never caught a mouse in her life as far as I know. She is declawed and fat and IF she actually was face to face with one, she would probably just play with it. BUT, she let me know and I let David know! He came in and moved the stove as we all watched. Sure enough, a tiny mouse tried to run away! AAAA!!! I went out and got one of our outside kitties, which are very good mousers, and plopped her down behind the stove. David moved the stove and out ran the mouse! It took Wee One a second to grab it and then she sat there like ok, now what do I do! We opened the door and she ran out and I'm sure had a good, hot meal. Yuck! But I was happy that the mouse was gone. Now Kee Kee is staring at the food cabinet and I think we are in for a very long winter of catching and cleaning up after mice:{
The Finder
The Catcher



4 comments:

Becky said...

We haven't had any here and it's been a little over 4 years..thank goodness with Tom gone I would be climbing the walls....not really I can barely walk these days let alone climb.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda

I have stopped by your blog, but have not had time to comment. Sorry 8)
Your kids have really grown. Nikki is looking like a young lady. Tyler sure looks like Dave.
Have a good evening

michelle said...

I don't like mice either. Hope you are doing well. Your cats are cute.

Unknown said...

I can't stand mice!!!!!!!!! They give me the creeps!!!!!