Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things guys do for their wives

Anyone who knows me know I love animals. It's killing me that the dog, rabbit, and kittens have to be out in the cold. Although, I am enjoying not having the hair and stink in the house. Sat., I came home and checked on the kittens and they were fine. David got home about 2 hrs. later to find me searching for the littlest one. He would always come when I called and he wasn't coming. Mind you, we live in the country and the wind was blowing and COLD!! We looked and called and banged on things for about a half hour. No kitty. Then Tyler looked behind something and there it lay. He was not moving much and couldn't hold his head up and was making the awfulist meowing sound. I figured his neck was broken and was very unhappy to say the least. David, who loves and understands me very much, got a heat lamp and crouched in front of it holding the kitten for 45 min, to an hour. It warmed up and was still not moving much. We brought him inside and put him on the heating pad wrapped in a towel. I went to the store and got him milk and when I got back he was doing much better. Needless to say, the heating pad will never be the same again:) He is back out with mom and doing ok. I just had to brag on my kind hubby. Here's "The Cuteness." He REALLY needs to be adopted:) Right now he fits in the palm of my hand and is about 6 wks. old. Becky, Heather would like a kitten for Christmas;)

5 comments:

LJL said...

Hi, Mindy. Thanks for commenting on my blog. We like animals a little at our house,too. You can check out our Jack Russell pictures on my blog.

Vicki Clifton said...

awww....love the animals too. Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog today. I needed it!

Becky said...

Heather might like an kitten but as long as she's living at home...momma doesn't care for animals!!!! Sorry, Mindy

Unknown said...

that was a very nice tribute to your hubby. the kitty is so cute. uncle randy just won't allow a kitty but i sure love them. i told your mom she needs a kitty. That would be great company for her.

Mindy said...

She wants one...even has one picked out, but dad isn't too keen on the idea. I'm still working on him. As for uncle Randy, let me work on him too:) I still have all 5. That makes 8 cats altogether!! Way to many!