Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy happenings

These are a few of the things we have been enjoying in the past few weeks. The order is kinda mixed up, but you can kinda tell by what the event was.

My wonderful hubby put the lights on the house before he left to go hunting in Arkansas Tues. I put the lights around the doors and he does the hard part of doing it around the roof.

We have 2 trees that are different kinds growing together. They look like one unless you look closely. I did the lights, with the help of Tyler, on this one. It's tall and we have a very rickety ladder, but I survived:)

Of course, fun in the snow. We have Dahlers 4-wheeler because Davids Dad has been using it for hunting and we enjoyed it a little too:) Church was cancelled today because the Hales's have to drive so far and it was supposed to be freezing rain. So we all enjoyed the snow--even me:)


Our dog, Lilly, loves for you to kick snow at her or throw a snowball at her. She catches it or bites at it. She loves the snow!

The tree I put lights on. Looks pretty covered in snow, huh?



Tree decorating in progress. I will post more pictures of the finished product. The lights are all on. The tree comes in 4 parts so putting it up isn't hard. It's the straightening of the branches and putting on the lights.


My dad's brother, his mom, and my dad on Thanksgiving.


Both of my grandmas. They are 93 and 91, I think.


Grandma playing Apples to Apples. She won! I don't know if she has played many games.


My mom and her sister, Aunt Carol . We had Thanksgiving at mom's house.


The cousins being silly at Thanksgiving.


Fun at the park with more cousins.


A VERY cold bonfire night! It had been nice all that week and had gotten really cold that day! We still had fun. Us ladies went inside and played a game. The kids were in and out.

I don't like to carve my pumpkins for decorations for fall. Tyler wanted to carve one so I let him when I was finished with them. Nikki just had fun using the knife and getting the seeds out. I helped Tyler get his seeds out (the pumpkins were cold and frozen) and we washed and boiled them and put them to dry out. The next day I roasted them 2 ways. They were pretty good!

My sister and I did our annual visit to the Christmas Gift and Hobby. The boys were tired of waiting and just made themselves at home almost in the middle of the floor!)



This my sister, Cassandra and I. I so need to lose weight:(


Here are the kidlings. I think we need to start going by ourselves. I had to pay for Nikki and it's not cheap! We got our moneys worth though. I think we were there 6 hours!

Food and fun with family and friends! Shannon was so gracious as to let us have a thanksgiving party and then dinner at her house! A great time was had by all.
Well, I think I have caught up for a while. Hope you've enjoyed a glimpse of our life. Will post more when I finish decorating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys already have snow! We're supposed to have flurries & rain today, but not much...hopefully. Like the pics. By the way Mindy, you don't need to lose weight...believe me. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Becky said...

Hey Mindy, you been busy girl. Looks like you had fun anyway. We had a nice Thanksgiving too. I just wished I didn't hurt with pain so much but that's life!! :o)

Unknown said...

You did a super job on that outdoor Christmas tree!!! love the way you outlined your house in lights.