Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More often...and my favorite things...

I've decided that this year, I will blog more. Today being 1/11/11, I thought it would be a good day to blog. These are just a few of my favorite things.

We've recently been given a horse! We are a horse-loving family so we were very excited! My husband had 2 when we were first married and we were not able to keep them. So this is a very exciting thing. She is 4, I think and her name is Dakota. I believe she is a registered paint.

This is a game that my sis in law got her family for Christmas. It is so much fun!! It has like 44 items hidden in the beads or whatever they are. You would think it would be easy to find them all, but it's not. It's a Look and Find and I've just discovered it is upside down and I have no clue how to fix that.

My sis in law and her daughter make lots of homemade things. One of the things they made this year is this cake candle. It smells very good! The smell is chocolate raspberry. Mmmmm!!! They sell all kinds of soaps, candles, lotions, bath salts, canned goods, sweaters, hats, socks, scarfs, purses, and I think that's all. Whew!! AND it's all handmade/homemade!!

I got this Willow Tree figurine for Christmas from my son. It's the first of many, I hope.:) I would LOVE to have the Nativity!

Last but not least, is the birdhouse and chair made by a friends dad out of old barn wood. I love things like this! Wish someone in my family would start making this type of things. Anyway....just a few of my favorite things. Hope this year is off to a good start for you! I would LOVE to hear from you!!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I love willow tree. I have a few. I found one of mine at the goodwill for 5.00 and one at a yard sale for .25 cents. When we pastored I got the nativity for a gift from the church. Your horse is cute too. Does your sis in law have a magazine with the stuff she makes in it. I would like to see some of the things she makes. I would much rather support people like her.

Peggy B. said...

Hmm...you gave me an idea for a blog. I may copy you for a few of my favorite things. I haven't been able to come up with blogs very good here lately....so.....

Becky said...

Yes, Mindy you did good. I agree with Peggy. We need more likes vs dislikes. Or since it's each of our own blogs, we could do at least 3 of each!!