Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some things that I LOVE about "our lil piece of country"

This is our little piece of country....part of the American dream.
It may not be much, but it belongs to us....well....us and the bank for now. Here are a few of the things I love about it.

I LOVE my new trees!! The front yard was just SCREAMING for some trees! It has one
Willow and several Mulberry trees lining the fence row out front, but it needed some color. My bro in law was so gracious as to GIVE us 3 trees for bringing him some business.

I LOVE the view of this barn across the field from out our bedroom window. I also LOVE that there are 12 windows and 3 doors with windows from which I can look out of from every side of the house. It makes it so bright and cheery.

I LOVE all the wonderful opportunities for beautiful pictures!

I LOVE my Lilac bushes....all 3 of them. 2 are probably around 50 years old.

I LOVE my red rocking chairs. They're great for sitting in and looking at all those beautiful views.

I LOVE all the flowers that just pop up along the fence line. We bought the house in January so we had no clue as to the kinds of flowers there were.

I LOVE the views of wide open spaces! Yes, I'm crazy like that.

I LOVE the new porch that my hubby built me! It's a great spot to sit out on and just let the cares of life drift away....even if for a little while.

I LOVE it when the tractors work in the fields and all the crops that grow in the fields. I was born in the city, but I've always loved the country. Pig and cow smells and all.

I LOVE the look of the trees across the road in the fall.

I LOVE all the beautiful sunrises ....

and sunsets that I can see. The beautiful pictures that God paints.... And that's what I LOVE about "our little piece of country". What do you LOVE about where you live??

2 comments:

Leah said...

BEAUTIFUL VIEWS, I agree!

Cassandra said...

A big barn I can store all my stuff in! lol

Love all the pretty pictures :)