Friday, January 30, 2009

Interesting Day part 2

I had forgotten to add something to yesterdays post. We walked in the door after all the getting stuck and so on and the cat was acting weird. Tyler thought she was throwing up:( Open on closer observation, she had found a mouse!!! Again!!! I was bound and determined to have that mouse caught and NOT running around the house! The inside cat is declawed so she is not very good at catching, but she did try. So I brought in the BIG guns, the OUTSIDE cats--the PROFESSIONALS! The younger one caught the scent by the stove and tried really hard, but this mouse was tricky. It went INSIDE the stove drawer--YUCK!! Needless to say we needed the 3rd cat to help corral this little trickster for it ran across the room and under the china closet!! The cats were looking but not getting anything, so I pulled out the cabinet and there was a hole in the back. I thought AHAAA, I know were it is (picture a light bulb:))! Opened the front and sure enough. It ran out and the mama caught it! She was looking around for someplace to go as I was encouraging her to go outside. She went under the table and I was afraid she would let go and it would run or she would start EATING it --again YUCK! Finally , she went out and all is well--or sorta. I'm guessing it came in with the suitcases although I haven't seen any "evidence".

Well, I must go shower and finish getting ready. Just wanted to add this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at your website! It's so Valentiney and you're so creative! Love it!!

You know, I lived in the country alot of my young years and in my memory i don't remember it bothering me alot, but i would absolutely hate it now! you're a brave girl! I would have nightmares about them crawling on my face while I'm sleeping probably!

Are you going to let the professionals live inside now?

i'll miss you while you're gone to Florida. have a safe trip and hurry back. Enjoy every minute!!