Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why?!

As I write this tonight my mind is spinning. Lately, I haven't been in the mood to blog or facebook. I check everyone elses daily, but I haven't wanted to write anything down. But tonight, I found something out that has my mind whirling. While Nikki and I were in good ole Walmart, we saw some neighbors of ours from Elwood. Where we lived in town, the houses were VERY close! I don't do well with neighbors breathing down my neck, but fortunate for us the houses on either side of us were vacated not long after we moved in. Back to today...I was talking to the lady (they lived behind us and had a son Tyler age--they were very nice people)and she was telling me her mom had died. Then her son spoke up and asked if I knew about Jordan. Now Jordan was a very busy boy that lived next door to us for a while then they moved. He was one of those kids who peeked in the back door and asked to come in or eat with us. Always loved attention. I tried to be kind and entertain him outside. He was kinda pushy too, so he couldn't come in to play. Anyway, they moved then we moved and fast forward to today. Zack says "He died". I was shocked! I asked what happened and they told me last Sat.? he was sent to his room for punishment and when his little brother went to get him a while later he told his grandpa he was standing still and drooling. He had hung himself! He was 10! It may have been where he thought someone would find him and stop him, but I think, when he jumped off the bunkbed he broke his kneck and was brain dead. I think he had alot a problems, even started a fire in the house before. But 10! I've been thinking to myself "Did I make a positive impression the little time I knew him?" I've been trying to think how his mom must feel and his brothers! Nikki used to ask to take him to church in Noblesville, but I didn't know if I wanted to take him that far. Maybe I should have..... One of those things you can't change, but maybe think twice the next time. Say a prayer for Michelle and her husband and the other boys . The little one that found Jordan seemed to idolize his older brother, so I'm sure this is going to be extra hard on him.

On a happier note, we leave for Hobe Sound to help cook at camp early next Sat. morning. So if you think of it, say a prayer for us. It's a long drive. But to warmer weather!) Most of our time is spent in the kitchen for 10 days, which is very tiring, but can be alot of fun at the same time.


Have a restful Sunday! Always need pictures for a post even if it's random, right?
Tyler and his gingerbread house. He's wanted to do one for a while and this one was 75% off . Not to bad for 2.50 worth of fun, huh?)

Nikki pulling Tyler in the snow. She came in for gloves and decided to wear her dads hat too!


I'm sure you've heard of jack in the box. This is cat in the box. Tyler and I were trying to work a puzzle and she climbed in the box and "sat" for a few minutes. Crazy cat!

1 comment:

Janiece said...

Awww Mindy, so sorry to hear about this little guy! Try and remember God has a reason for everything. Maybe He seen that this little guy would have to "hurt" or be "hurt" all of his life, therefore He decided to help out by taking him to Heaven. I know some may say "God wouldn't allow such a thing", but our God is a God of miracles.